If you have any questions about these minutes, please comment on this post.
December 5, 2013
In attendance: Therese Owusu, Leah Henrickson, Chloe Wittes
Minutes by Leah, approved by Executive
1. Recap of yesterday’s Study Session
- Room for improvement
- If we were to do this again: during midterms instead of final exams, keep Kelly Cafe setup
- YES for next semester
2. Recap of first semester’s events
- Talking to classes was good – do again
- Aim for better turnouts
3. Brian Donnelly lecture + exhibition: should we be involved?
- Leah will email Exhibit Committee confirming involvement
4. BMSSA Lecture Series
- Keely to provide a summary of lecture + topic
- Keely to confirm when/where
5. Fundraiser for next semester?
- Bake sale at Sid Smith: From 11am – when we sell out, Thursday, January 16 (TENTATIVE)
- Chloe to email Sid Smith lobby booking
- Gather books for next year’s book sale, store them in the office
- Continue brainstorming ideas
6. Brainstorming for next semester’s events
- General Meeting: Wednesday, January 22nd at 11am (TENTATIVE)
- Games night: Tuesday, March 18th from 6pm – 9pm (TENTATIVE) (Leah to email Jane)
- Academic Event: Week of March 3rd… continue brainstorming, but NO LECTURES… workshops?
- Social Event: PUB NIGHT on Thursday, February 6 at 6pm at Mullins (1033 Bay Street) (TENTATIVE)
- OTHER EVENTS: Graduate or career panel (check with Career Centre) – think about inviting business professionals and/or professors with experience
7. Exec Bonding Night!
- Brainstorm ideas
8. Journal promotion
- Email courses (Exec to email their relevant courses)
- Listserv (Leah to email Jean)
- Therese to make a poster
- Next year: announcements in classes, better promotion in general
9. Other business
- Start thinking about elections for next year’s Exec (look into online elections)